World Review of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.9 (2019)
WRSTSD addresses issues central to the global efforts to implement the United Nations' "Sustainable Development Goals" (SDGs), acting in the nexus between sustainability, science and technology, helping deliver the goals of the UN 2030 Agenda. Its unique focus on the transformative potential of science and technology as they relate to sustainable development means it can document and promote scholarly research as well as innovative policy options and the benefits of innovation in sustainable development to both industrialised and developing nations.
Topics covered include
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Science, technology management, technical change
- Technology and sustainable development
- Best practice in the promotion of sustainable technologies
- Industry and sustainable development
- Sustainable development policies
- Green economies and green growth
- Eco-efficiency and cleaner production
- Water and development
- Sustainable energy use and renewable energy methods
- Environmental health
- Innovation and sustainable development
The objective of WRSTSD is to improve and enhance the literature on these issues in the developing world and the rest of the world. It will therefore benefit a wide range of institutions, including universities, research centres, governmental departments etc in developing and developed countries.
WRSTSD provides thousands of professionals, researchers and policymakers with the best available scientific evidence when contributing to better technological and economical development for all within the populations they serve. It therefore helps in reducing the gap and access to information between rich and poor countries.
WRSTSD publishes original papers, review papers, conceptual papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Science, Technology and Sustainable Development will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Cerulli, Giovanni, CNR-IRCrES, Institute for Research on Sustainable Economic Growth, Italy
Editorial Board Members
- Adeli, Hojjat, Ohio State University, USA
- Alam, G. M. Monirul, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University (BSMRAU) and University of Southern Queensland, Bangladesh
- Ananthaswamy, V., The Madura College (Autonomous), India
- Barresi, Paul A., Southern k0k Hampshire University, USA
- Blersch, David, University at Buffalo, USA
- Borumand Saeid, Arsham, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Iran
- Ciani, Adriano, University of Perugia, Italy
- DiBerardinis, Louis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Farber, David J., Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Grin, John, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Grunwald, Armin, Research Center Karlsruhe GmbH, Germany
- Guglielmetti Mugion, Roberta, Università Studi Roma Tre, Italy
- Isaacs, Andrew M., University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Kamel, Sherif, The American University in Cairo, Egypt
- Khan, Nadeem, University of Reading, UK
- Klusacek, Karel, Academy of Sciences CR, Czech Republic
- Low, Pak Sum, Bond University, Australia
- Meyer, Patrick E., Meyer Energy Research Consulting, USA
- Pietrobelli, Carlo, University Roma Tre, Italy
- Potì, Bianca Maria, CNR - Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Italy
- Renn, Ortwin, Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS), Potsdam, Germany
- Rhoades, Dawna L., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- Riskowski, Gary, Texas A&M University, USA
- Solomon, Barry, Michigan Technological University, USA
- Wei, Yi-Ming, Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), China
- Zhang, Xiaoning, South China University of Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Making biodiesel with green solvents
22 September, 2020
Green solvents for making biodiesel would reduce the environmental impact of such fuels still further. Writing in the World Review of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development, a team from India discusses the potential of ionic liquids in this field [...]
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.