International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Nazrul Islam
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.0 (2019)
IJTIP is an international research and practice-based journal which encompasses all aspects of technology analysis, dealing with quantitative, qualitative or hybrid features of technology research and their impacts. It provides an authoritative source of information, answering the needs of academics and practitioners in the fields of technology intelligence, technology planning and roadmapping, technological change, technology controlling and technology decision-making processes.
Topics covered include
- Organising technology intelligence, planning, resource allocation, controlling, decision-making processes
- Choosing/using such processes, e.g. core competence analysis, roadmapping, bibliometrics
- Phenomenon of emergent strategies, implications for these processes
- Different management levels (lower/middle/top management), relevance to these processes
- Strategy implementation and these processes
- Entrepreneurial behaviour (promoters, gatekeepers, etc.), implications for these processes
- Strategy development:
- Technology selection, make-or-buy, keep-or-sell decision making
- Technological change and technology decision-making processes
- Impact of technology intelligence/planning/controlling processes on decision making, organisational learning
- Politics, bounded rationality, etc. in technology decision making
- Linking technology strategy to company strategy and functional strategies
- Technological decision making in high-velocity environments
IJTIP aims to further the development of the field of technology analysis, intelligence, planning and roadmapping. A specific goal is to connect the research done by academics and professionals in the field and to link it to research streams on organisational decision making and learning.
IJTIP disseminates knowledge and establishes channels of communication between policy makers, professionals and experts working in universities, research institutions and industry.
IJTIP publishes original papers, theory-based empirical papers, bibliometrics, review papers, case studies with profound implications for theory, relevant technology intelligence and planning reports, book reviews and research notes. Commentaries on papers and reports published in the journal are encouraged.
Editor in Chief
- Islam, Nazrul, University of Exeter, UK
- Robinson, Alfonso, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
- Walsh, Steven T., University of k0k Mexico, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Ahluwalia, Saurabh, University of k0k Mexico, USA
- Alberti, Fernando G., LIUC Università Cattaneo, Italy
- Antal, Ariane Berthoin, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin, Germany
- Ashton, W. Bradford, Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC), USA
- Caldwell, Barrett S., Purdue University, USA
- Chen, Kaihua, Institute of Science, Technology, Policy, and Management, China
- Chiesa, Vittorio, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Chowdhury, Daba, University of Suffolk, UK
- Cohen, Susan K., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- De Meyer, Arnoud, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Dodgson, Mark, University of Queensland Business School, Australia
- Dou, Henri, L’Ecole Supérieure de Commerce et de Management de Tours-Poitiers, France
- Fleisher, Craig S., Aurora WDC, USA
- Gemünden, Hans Georg, Technical University of Berlin, Germany
- Gerdsri, Nathasit, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Gerybadze, Alexander, Universität Hohenheim, Germany
- Guild, Paul, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Herstatt, Cornelius, Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg (TUHH), Germany
- Kappel, Thomas A., Danfoss Power Electronics, USA
- Klavans, Richard A., SciTech Strategies, Inc., USA
- Lichtenthaler, Ulrich, Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management, Germany
- Macdonald, Stuart, University of Leicester, UK
- Moehrle, Martin G., Universität Bremen, Germany
- Nobeoka, Kentaro, Hitotsubashi University, Japan
- Pizzurno, Emanuele, LIUC Università Cattaneo, Italy
- Prescott, John E., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Probert, David, University of Cambridge, UK
- Reinmöller, Patrick, Cranfield University, UK
- Savioz, Pascal, Mageba (Shanghai) Bridge Products Co., Ltd., China
- Su, Hsin-Ning, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Tschirky, Hugo, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ), Switzerland
- Yuan, Fei, Beijing University of Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.