International Journal of Social Network Mining
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
In recent years, social network research has advanced significantly with the rapid development of online social websites and instant messaging systems. People increasingly perceive the Web as a social medium that fosters interaction among people, sharing of experiences and knowledge, group activities, community formation and evolution. IJSNM addresses important aspects of interest to practitioners and researchers with a specific focus on the emerging trends and industry needs associated with using data mining techniques for social networking analysis.
Topics covered include
- Discovering influential members/implicit relationships
- Discovering implicit social graphs/temporal patterns
- Misbehaviour in web communities, mining social interactions for viral marketing
- Detecting popular emerging events in social communities
- Compressing large social networks for analysis, scalability
- Data preparation/pre-processing for mining large social networks
- Community discovery in social networks, drift/evolution in web communities
- Mining stream data in evolving social networks, real-time mining
- High performing algorithms, graph search algorithms
- Multi-agent-based modelling/analysis
- Data mining for security, malware analysis in social networks
- Data mining in mobile social networks and in semantic web platforms
- Mining semantic web data from social software applications
- Data mining/knowledge discovery in natural languages
- Social recommender systems, personalisation for search, social interaction
The objective of IJSNM is to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, intelligence agencies, law enforcement, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of social network mining in society.
IJSNM provides a vehicle to help professionals, intelligence agencies, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the fields of knowledge management, engineering and business education to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJSNM publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, occasional technical reports, conference reports and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in knowledge management, social network analysis, information visualisation, music information retrieval and link analysis will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
Regional Editor Asia and Far East
- Liu, Jiming, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Regional Editor Europe
- Malerba, Donato, Università degli Studi di Bari, Italy
Regional Editor USA
- Cook, Diane J., Washington State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- An, Aijun, York University, Canada
- Bry, Francois, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
- Cao, Longbing, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Carminati, Barbara, University of Insubria, Italy
- Ceci, Michelangelo, Università degli Studi di Bari, Italy
- Cong, Gao, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Cremilleux, Bruno, Université de Caen, France
- Elomaa, Tapio, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Esposito, Floriana, Università degli Studi di Bari, Italy
- Friemel, Thomas N., University of Zurich – IPMZ, Switzerland
- Guillet, Fabrice, Nantes University, France
- Hacid, Hakim, Zayed University, United Arab Emirates
- Hadzikadic, Mirsad, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
- Hamilton, Howard J., University of Regina , Canada
- Holder, Larry, Washington State University , USA
- Japkowicz, Nathalie, American University, USA
- Kostek, Bozena, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
- Morzy, Mikolaj, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Paik, Hye-Young Helen, University of k0k South Wales, Australia
- Ramakrishnan, Naren, Virginia Tech, USA
- Rybinski, Henryk, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- Skowron, Andrzej, University of Warsaw, Poland
- Ting, I-Hsien (Derrick), National University of Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Wu, Xintao, University of Arkansas, USA
- Xhafa, Fatos, Technical University of Catalonia, Spain
- Zighed, Djamel, Université Lumière Lyon 2, France
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.