International Journal of Smart Technology and Learning
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Xiaoqing Gu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJSmartTL focuses on the design, application and assessment of smart learning technologies, highlighting how smart learning technologies should be properly implemented in education to enhance smart learning. This perspective acknowledges not only the significance of emerging smart learning technologies but also the importance of educational outcomes those technologies bring. IJSmartTL encourages researchers and educators to be reflective of the use of smart educational technologies and focus on its fundamental goals.
Topics covered include
- Smart Technology trends in education, e.g. cloud computing, wearable technology, mobile/game-based learning, open content, etc.
- Design and development of learning environments using various smart technologies
- Evaluation of smart technology-based learning environments
- Influence of different smart technology-based learning environments on learning, achievement and motivation
- Various learning strategies supporting smart learning: formal/informal, personalised, adaptive, social, self-directed etc.
- Understanding smart learning processes
- Applications of learning analytics and educational data mining
- Role of monitoring and assessment in smart technology-based learning
- Effectiveness of different types of monitoring approaches, assessment and evaluation
- Pedagogical frameworks for integrating smart technology into learning environments
- Role of learning sciences, educational psychology and instructional theory in smart teaching
- Role of teachers in smart technology-based learning
- Challenges and barriers teachers face when adopting smart emerging technologies
- Models/frameworks that guide the professional development of smart teachers
The objectives of IJSmartTL are to map new frontiers in emerging and developing technologies in research related to smart learning, from aspects of design, application and assessment to linking with research centres of excellence worldwide. It aims to promote design research, action research and continuous evaluation as an integral part of the development cycle of usable solutions.
IJSmartTL provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and teachers working in the field of educational technology, information technology, curriculum design, and subject teaching, to share their experiences and also to learn from each other's work.
IJSmartTL publishes original research papers, review papers, technical reports and case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics in smart technologies and smart learning will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Gu, Xiaoqing, East China Normal University, China
- Islam, A.Y.M. Atiquil, East China Normal University, China
- Lin, Lin, University of North Texas, USA
- Li, Xuanxi, East China Normal University, China
- Mason, Jon, Charles Darwin University, Australia
- Yin, Chengjiu, Kyushu University, Japan
- Yuan, Li, University of Bolton, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Bennett, Rick, University of k0k South Wales, Australia
- Bonk, Curt, Indiana University, USA
- Chang, Hua-hua, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Crook, Charles, University of Nottingham, UK
- Giovannella, Carlo, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
- Hartnell-Young, Elizabeth, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Jin, Hui, Shanghai International Studies University, China
- Joiner, Richard, University of Bath, UK
- Kaur, Abtar, Open University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Lee, Mimi, University of Houston, USA
- Mbwette, Tolly, Open University of Tanzania, Tanzania, United Republic of
- Meng, Qi, Shanghai Normal University, China
- Sánchez, Jaime, University of Chile, Chile
- Slotta, Jim, University of Toronto, Canada
- So, Hyo-Jeong, Pohang University of Science and Technology, South Korea
- Specht, Marcus, Open University of the Netherlands, Netherlands
- Sullivan, Florence, University of Massachusetts, USA
- Tamura, Yasuhisa, Sophia University, Japan
- Vidal, Gérard, ENS de Lyon and IFÉ , France
- Wegerif, Rupert B., University of Exeter, UK
- Wong, Lung-Hsiang, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Wu, Ying-Tien, National Central University, Taiwan
- Zhang, Jianwei, University at Albany - SUNY, USA
- Zhang, Yi, Central China Normal University, China
- Zhao, Jianhua, South China Normal University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Blending education in the science museum
17 April, 2020
A blended mobile learning environment could be useful in helping teach students how to employ their scientific inquiry skills in a science museum, according to research published in the International Journal of Smart Technology and Learning [...]