International Journal of Services, Economics and Management
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Huaqing Wang
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.7 (2019)
IJSEM proposes and fosters discussion on empirical and theoretical work on services economics and management. The journal seeks to provide a bridge between those conducting research on service economics and management on the one hand, and those working in the areas of service sectors on the other.
Topics covered include
- Public service management, policy, comparisons, evaluation
- Public economics
- Service concepts, strategies, marketing and innovation
- Service operation and simulation
- k0k service development and process design
- Service supporting facilities, customer relationship management
- Service supply chain management
- Service project and quality management
- Service system design, operations, management, security, reliability
- ICT in services, e-commerce
- Service delivery, deployment, maintenance
- Human resources management in services
- Relationship between manufacturing and services
- Service in-housing versus outsourcing decisions
- Services in society, ethics and culture
The objectives of IJSEM are to encourage original scientific contributions on the challenges of economic and management issues in service sectors, with particular emphasis on the application of economic theory and management science and methods of quantitative analysis. It aims to draw together and learn lessons from the development of service sectors across the world, and provides a forum for discussion of service sectors of interest to an international readership.
IJSEM provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work. It is aimed at all practitioners and researchers in service sectors. It will also be of interest to anyone involved in provision of service programmes, the management of service organisations and those who contribute to service systems in any way.
IJSEM publishes original papers, reviews and short reports on all aspects of the economics, management science, and qualitative and quantitative methods used to study economic and management issues of the service sector.
Editor in Chief
- Wang, Huaqing, Missouri Southern State University, USA
- Kryvinska, Natalia, University of Vienna, Austria
Associate Editor Asia
- Bang, Nguyen, East China University of Science and Technology, China
Editorial Board Members
- Abosag, Ibrahim, SOAS University of London, UK
- Akroush, Mamoun N., German-Jordanian University (GJU), Jordan
- Chan, Felix T.S., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chen, Junsong, China Europe International Business School, China
- Chong, Alain Yee-Loong, University of Nottingham, Ningbo Campus, China
- De Marco, Marco, Università Guglielmo Marconi, Italy
- Fearon, Gervan, Brandon University, Canada
- Goh, Kim Leng, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Groot, W.N.J., Universiteit Maastricht, Netherlands
- He, Jiaxun, East China Normal University, China
- Idrus, Nirwan, Multimedia University, Malaysia
- Japutra, Arnold, The University of Western Australia, Australia
- Kumar, Vikas, University of the West of England, UK
- Lee-Wingate, Nikki, University of Bridgeport, USA
- Lin, Chih-Cheng, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Mutum, Dilip, University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
- Otenyo, Eric E., Northern Arizona University, USA
- Ramayah, T., Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Roy, Sanjit, University of Western Australia, Australia
- Sigala, Marianna, University of South Australia, Australia
- Singh, Satvir, Angelo State University, USA
- Sorrentino, Maddalena, Università degli studi di Milano, Italy
- Wang, Qing, University of Warwick, UK
- Wen, Lei, Emporia State University, USA
- Wu, Jintao, Lingnan (University) College, China
- Wu, Kailin, Middlesex University, UK
- Yannopoulou, Natalia-Helen, k0kcastle University, UK
- Yuan, Ruizhi, University of Nottingham, Ningbo Campus, China
- Zhou, Aileen, University of Greenwich, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Malaysian mobile markets
24 June, 2020
Writing in the International Journal of Services, Economics and Management, a team from Malaysia provides details of the main factors affecting mobile shopping there. The researchers, Chi-Yang Hng and Pik-Yin Foo of Jalan Universiti in Perak, and Ai-Fen Lim and Radha Krishnan Nair of the UCSI University Kuala Lumpur Campus, Malaysia, analysed 300 questionnaires offered to people in shopping malls in the city of Ipoh. Fundamentally, ease of use and mobile-friendliness, rather than "playfulness" of the mobile shopping experience are what might drive shoppers to use these services [...]
14 August, 2020
A study of customers of coffee shops in the Republic of Korea suggests that they would willingly revisit the same outlet if the staff have an attractive and well-dressed appearance. Whereas they often feel less satisfied by their experience if the staff are not and a second visit to the same establishment is then unlikely, according to research published in the International Journal of Services, Economics and Management [...]