International Journal of Sustainable Development
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Sylvie Faucheux
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.7 (2019)
IJSD is a forum for publication of refereed scientific work, of an interdisciplinary character, at the interface of science, technology, policy and society. A particular emphasis is placed on the value and importance of stakeholder partnerships for effective communication on issues of sustainability.
Topics covered include
- Review and assessment of policies
- Strategy for policy making
- Environment and sustainable development
- Ecology and sustainability
- Social aspects of sustainability
- Economic dimensions of sustainability
- Political dimensions of sustainability
- Economic, social and natural resources issues
- Control, regulations and policy
- Future visions and scenarios
The objectives of IJSD are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy-makers, government agencies, academics and research institutions, and professionals working in the field, and to provide a forum for them to disseminate information and to learn from each other|s work. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.
IJSD publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
Editor in Chief
- Faucheux, Sylvie, INSEEC U, France
- Gheorghe, Adrian V., Old Dominion University, USA
- Merino-Saum, Albert, École Polytechnique Fédérale De Lausanne, Switzerland
- O'Connor, Martin Paul, L'Association ePLANETe Bue, France
- Guimarães Pereira, Ângela, European Commission - Joint Research Centre, Italy
Editorial Board Members
- Abdessalem, Tahar, Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie, Tunisia
- Bürgenmeier, Beat, Université de Genève, Switzerland
- Baranzini, Andrea, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Switzerland
- Bell, David, York University, Canada
- Diaw, Amadou Tahirou, Université Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal
- Erten-Unal, Mujde, Old Dominion University, USA
- Funtowicz, Silvio, University of Bergen, Norway
- Gallopin, Gilberto, , Argentina
- Garrod, Brian, Swansea University, UK
- Goldemberg, Jose, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Gupta, Anil K., Indian Institute of Management Vastrapur, India
- Gupta, Joyeeta, Institute for Environmental Studies, VU University, Netherlands
- Hinterberger, Friedrich, Sustainable Europe Research Institute (SERI), Austria
- Howarth, Richard B., Dartmouth College, USA
- Jiggins, Janice, , Netherlands
- Jollands, Nigel, International Energy Agency, France
- Köhn, Jörg, , Germany
- Kane, Alioune, Université Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal
- Martinez Alier, Joan, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
- May, Peter H., Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Muradian, Roldan, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- Papayannis, Thymio, Med-INA (Mediterranean Institute for Nature and Anthropos), Greece
- Patterson, Murray, Landcare Research NZ Ltd, k0k Zealand
- Peet, John, University of Canterbury, k0k Zealand
- Pernice, lngolf, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
- Presas, Teresa, Tetra Pak Europe & Africa, Belgium
- Réveret, Jean-Pierre, Greige – UQUAM, Université du Québec à Montréal, Canada
- Radermacher, Walter J., Federal Statistical Office, Germany
- Renn, Ortwin, Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS), Potsdam, Germany
- Requier-Desjardins, Denis, LEREPS – Université de Toulouse, France
- Ricoveri, Giovanna, piazza San Francesco d'Assisi n.91, Italy
- Sachs, Ignacy, Ecole des Hautes études en sciences sociales (EHESS), France
- Schembri, Patrick, University of Versailles, France
- Scoullos, Michael, University of Athens, Greece
- Segura-Bonilla, Olman, Centro Intl. Politica Economica (CINPE), Costa Rica
- Senhaji, Faouzi, Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan II, Morocco
- Shmelev, Stanislav, Environment Europe, UK
- Spangenberg, Joachim H., Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ, Germany
- Svedin, Uno, FORMAS, Sweden
- Theys, Jacques, Ministère du Logement et du Tourisme, France
- Toman, Michael A., The World Bank, USA
- Vidal-Madjar, Daniel, Université de Versailles Saint Quentin, France
- Wedderburn, Liz, AgResearch Limited, k0k Zealand
- Yamaji, Kenji, Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth (RITE), Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.