International Journal of Reliability and Safety
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Om Prakash Yadav
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.9 (2019)
IJRS provides an authoritative source of information and an international forum in the field of reliability and safety. It is a highly professional and refereed journal that aims to achieve a balance between academic rigour and practical applications from all disciplines. In addition, prominent members of the reliability and safety community may serve as guest editors of special issues dedicated to a specific subject.
Topics covered include
- Reliability assessment methods
- Uncertainty quantification and propagation using probabilistic and non-probabilistic methods
- Engineering decisions under uncertainty
- Probabilistic and non-probabilistic safety assessment
- Reliability and safety relationship
- Engineering design for safety and reliability
- Reliability-based condition assessment
- Reliability-based design optimisation
- Robust design
- Progressive reliability
- System reliability
- Random fields
- Stochastic finite elements
- Other relevant topics
The goal of IJRS is to provide an international forum for information exchange in the development and application of non-deterministic methods and practices for the enhancement of product and process reliability and safety. It also aims to help engineers, applied scientists, educators and policy makers to contribute, disseminate information and learn from each other|s work in the area of reliability and safety.
Professionals, academics, researchers and managers of all disciplines in the area of reliability and safety.
IJRS publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation. Suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
Editor in Chief
- Yadav, Om Prakash, North Dakota State University, USA
- Mourelatos, Zissimos, Oakland University, USA
- Amari, Suprasad V., BAE Systems, USA
- Beer, Michael, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- Chaturvedi, Sanjay K., Indian Institute of Technology, India
- Droguett, Enrique Lopez, University of Chile, Chile
- Liao, Haitao, University of Arkansas, USA
- Papadimitriou, Costas, University of Thessaly, Greece
Editorial Board Members
- Chiodo, Elio, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy
- Conte, Joel P., University of California, San Diego, USA
- Du, Xiaoping, University of Missouri - Rolla, USA
- Faravelli, Lucia, University of Pavia, Italy
- Gea, Hae Chang, Rutgers, The State University of k0k Jersey, USA
- Gorsich, David J., US Army TARDEC, USA
- Grandhi, Ramana, Wright State University, USA
- Grigoriu, Mircea, Cornell University, USA
- Guo, Huairui, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, USA
- Haukaas, Terje, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Jain, Rakesh, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur, India
- Jensen, Hector, Santa Maria University, Chile
- Kim, Nam-Ho, University of Florida, USA
- Kokkolaras, Michael, University of Michigan, USA
- Limon, Shah, Slippery Rock University, USA
- Muhanna, Rafi L., Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Nair, Prasanth B., University of Southampton, UK
- Papadrakakis, Manolis, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Phoon, Kok Kwang, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Ram, Mangey, Graphic Era Deemed to be University, India
- Sachdeva, Anish, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jalandhar, India
- Singhal, Suren, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, USA
- Vaccaro, Alfredo, University of Sannio, Italy
- Wang, Zhonglai, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China
- Xie, Liyang, Northeastern University, China
- Yang, Ren-Jye, Ford Research and Advanced Engineering, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
k0k Editor for International Journal of Reliability and Safety
3 July, 2020
Prof. Om Prakash Yadav from North Dakota University in the USA has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Reliability and Safety. The journal's founding editor, Prof. Zissimos Mourelatos of Oakland University, USA, will remain on the board as Executive Editor.