International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. J. Paulo Davim
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 3.0 (2019)
In modern manufacturing, there has been strong renewed interest in high-efficiency machining, while use of advanced materials has increased due to their special mechanical and physical properties. Advanced materials have replaced conventional materials in various fields of application including aeronautical, aerospace, automotive, biomechanical, mechanical and other industries. As a result of these properties and potential applications, there exists an urgent need to understand questions associated with the machinability of these materials. IJMMM addresses both machining and machinability of materials.
Topics covered include
- Machining processes: turning, drilling, milling, grinding
- Mechanics of cutting, chip formation
- Cutting forces, cutting temperatures
- Cutting tool material, coatings, tool wear
- Surface finish, integrity of surfaces
- Tribology in metal cutting
- Hard turning, minimal lubrication; high speed machining
- Nontraditional machining processes: laser, EDM, ECM, USM, water jet cutting
- Precision machining, micro/nanomachining
- Vibration/acoustic emission techniques
- Machinability of materials: metallic/non-metallic/composite materials
- Design of experiments: Taguchi methods, response surface methodology, etc.
- Machining simulation: FEM models, etc.
- Optimisation: genetic algorithms, neural networks, etc.
- Intelligent machining, integrated manufacturing systems
The objectives of the IJMMM are to establish a channel of communication and to disseminate knowledge between academic/research institutions and practical industrial applications.
Academics; researchers; engineers; professionals in machining and related industries.
IJMMM publishes original papers; research papers; review papers; technical papers, technical notes; short communications; discussion on papers; case studies.
Editor in Chief
- Davim, J. Paulo, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Astakhov, Viktor P., PSMi, USA
- Lopez de Lacalle, Luis Norberto, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Editorial Board Members
- Abrão, Alexandre, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil
- António, Conceição, University of Porto, Portugal
- Bianchi, Eduardo, Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP), Brazil
- Chen, Mingjun, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University, UK
- Chou, Kevin, University of Louisville, USA
- Di Ilio, Antoniomaria, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Gaitonde, V.N., B.V.B College of Engineering and Technology, India
- Grzesik, Wit., Technical University of Opole, Poland
- Hocheng, Hong, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Jain, V.K., (Prof. Retired) Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- Kim, Dave (Dae-Wook), Washington State University, USA
- Kishawy, H. A., University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Koshy, Philip, McMaster University, Canada
- Li, Xiaoping, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Littlefair, Guy, Deakin University, Australia
- Martin, Patrick, ENSAM - Technopole de Metz, France
- Martins, Paulo A. F., Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, Portugal
- Micari, F., DTMPIG - University of Palermo, Italy
- Molinari, Alain, University of Metz, France
- Mourão, António, k0k University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Outeiro, J. C., Portuguese Catholic University, Portugal
- Ozel, Tugrul, Rutgers University, USA
- Pei, Z.J., Kansas State University, USA
- Quiza, Ramón, University of Matanzas, Cuba
- Ramulu, M., University of Washington, USA
- Rech, Joël, Ecole Nationale d'Ingénieurs de Saint-Etienne (ENISE), France
- Umbrello, Domenico, Università della Calabria, Italy
- Vaxevanidis, N.M., School of Pedagogical and Technological Education (ASPETE), Greece
- Vijayarangan, S., PSG College of Technology, India
- Vosniakos, George-Christopher, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Wang, Jun, The University of k0k South Wales, Australia
- Wang, Lihui, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Yan, Jiwang, Keio University, Japan
- Zhang, Liangchi, University of k0k South Wales, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.