International Journal of Markets and Business Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Gandolfo Dominici
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
IJMABS proposes and fosters discussion on cutting-edge system theory and grounded research and practice addressing new ways of thinking, models and methodologies for understanding and acting within the complexities of market and organisational environments. The journal seeks to contribute to debates concerning the challenges of today regarding local and global economies and society. IJMABS is the official journal of the scientific society, .
Topics covered include
- Systemic approaches to organisations in their environments
- Qualitative research methods for markets and organisations
- Communication systems, internal and external, to manage organisations
- Innovation and design of social interactions
- Sustainability in ecologies of organisational connections
- Social responsibility and business ethics
- Complexity and chaos theory
- Service-dominant logic
- Knowledge and information management
- Systems thinking and system dynamics
- The management of change
- Startup and business incubation systems
- Market and consumption systems
- Market, public and business systems education
- Financial systems
IJMABS aims to be a channel of communication between academics, researchers and practitioners concerned with understanding the complex human and technological interactions in today's market and organisational environments. It promotes new business theories in the context of the rapid technological, cultural and economic changes that transform how business can be conducted. Contemporary business practices can no longer be limited to cultures and nations. The journal aims to encourage debate on the new ways of thinking and acting required by the growing global economy and increasing connectedness of organisational and market decisions.
IJMABS is intended to aid academics, researchers, professionals, and policy makers to deal with the complexities of business environments, encouraging collaboration, information dissemination and facilitation of education.
IJMABS publishes original papers, reviews and case studies. It also publishes one special issue each year with revised papers presented at the Business Systems Laboratory annual symposia as well as other special issues devoted to important topics that emerge in domain of the market, public and business systems community. IJMABS grew out of the ; issues of BSR may be found via this link.
Editor in Chief
- Dominici, Gandolfo, Business Systems Laboratory and University of Palermo, Italy
- Roblek, Vasja, Fizioterapevtika, Slovenia
- Del Giudice, Manlio, University of Rome "Link Campus", Italy
- Di Fatta, Davide, University of Palermo, Italy
- Caputo, Francesco, Masaryk University, Czech Republic
- Papa, Armando, University of Turin, Italy
- Bosch, Ockie, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Espejo, Raul, World Organisation of Systems and Cybernetics and Syncho Research , UK
- Jackson, Mike C., University of Hull, UK
- Krippendorff, Klaus, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Mella, Piero, Pavia University, Italy
- Mulej, Matjaz, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Schwaninger, Markus, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Stowell, Frank, University of Portsmouth, UK
- Yolles, Maurice, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Bardy, Roland, Florida Gulf Coast University, USA
- Basile, Gianpaolo, Business Systems Laboratory, Italy
- Bechter, Clemens, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Blachfellner, Stefan, Bertalanffy Center for the Study of Systems Science, Austria
- Brunsonn, Karin, Uppsala University and Jönköping University, Sweden
- Casali, Gian Luca, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Dobson, Stephen, Leeds University, UK
- Erçetin, Sefika Sule, Hacettepe University and International Science Association, Turkey
- Fuentalsaz, Lucio, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
- Gagnidze, Ineza, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia
- Giesler, Markus, York University, Canada
- Hernandez-Carriòn, Josè Rodolfo, University of Valencia, Spain
- Heydari, Nastaran Haji, University of Tehran, Iran
- Ibrahim, Rahinah, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- Klein, Louis, Systemic Excellence Group, Germany
- Laszlo, Alexander, Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Lee, Rich, National Tsing-Hua University, Fu Jenen Catholic University and IBM Taiwan, Taiwan
- Löbler, Helge, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Martin, Diane, Aalto University, Finland
- McDonagh, Pierre, University of Bath, UK
- Mocciaro Li Destri, Arabella, University of Palermo, Italy
- Nguyen, Nam, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Okura, Mahito, Doshisha Women's College of Liberal Arts, Japan
- Ourhamoune, Nassima, NEOMA Business School, France
- Perano, Mirko, Reald University of Vlorë, Albania
- Scannella, Enzo, University of Palermo, Italy
- Sciarelli, Mauro, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Skarzauskiene, Aelita, Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania
- Stepanić, Josip, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Vrdoljak Raguž, Ivona, University of Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Wallner, Thomas, University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Austria
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.