International Journal of Financial Services Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Desheng (Dash) Wu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJFSM is a highly professional, fully refereed international journal publishing literature covering the broad area of financial services. It focuses on the development of the best practices of management among financial service companies. It serves both academics and practitioners, with an emphasis on case studies, innovations and forensics.
Topics covered include
- Governance of financial service companies
- Risk management
- Board effectiveness
- Customer service and development
- Financial regulation
- Technology and process efficiencies
- Data management
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Modelling, model risk and model validation
- Portfolio management
- Financial markets
- Financial product innovation
- Financial law
IJFSM publishes high quality original research papers and, when appropriate, literature surveys. It covers all aspects of financial services management worldwide, dealing with current practices as well as future prospects and developments. The journal is primarily interested in the financial sector|s structure, prospects, development and trends. It brings together and shares important information among expert writers and readers from different disciplines.
Bankers, financial executives, lawyers and accountants, academics and researchers, decision makers and managers within governmental and international financial institutions, and other professionals.
IJFSM publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
Editor in Chief
- Wu, Desheng (Dash), University of Toronto, Canada
- Luo, Amanda, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Barrutia, Jose Maria, Universidad del País Vasco/Euskal Herriko Unibersitatea, Spain
- Kuo, Hsien-Chang, National Chi-Nan University, Taiwan
- Liao, Ziqi, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Wonglimpiyarat, Jarunee, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Agiomirgianakis, George, The Hellenic Open University, Greece
- Asteriou, Dimitrios, Oxford Brookes, UK
- Branson, Joël, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Ciurel, Violeta, Academy of Economic Sciences, Romania
- Essayyad, Musa, McNeese State University, USA
- Günther, Johann, Danube University Krems, Austria
- Gedeshy, Ilir, Center for Economic and Social Studies, Albania
- Joseph, Mathew, St. Mary's University, USA
- Jun, Minjoon, k0k Mexico State University, USA
- Karjaluoto, Heikki, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Khalfan, Abdulwahed, College of Business Studies, Kuwait
- Koenig, David R., Ductilibility, USA
- Lewis, Michael, Association for Payment Clearing Services (APACS), UK
- McLeod, Robert W., University of Alabama, USA
- Murinde, Victor, University of Birmingham, UK
- Mylonakis, Ioannis, Ministry of Finance, Greece
- Nielsen, Jorn Flohr, University of Aarhus, Denmark
- Pilbeam, Keith, City University (London), UK
- Raad, Elias, Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- Regan, Tom H., University of South Carolina, USA
- Seco, Luis A., University of Toronto, Canada
- Statev, Statty, University for National and World Economy, Bulgaria
- Tripipatkul, Rachanee, Standard Chartered Nakornthon Bank Plc, Thailand
- Vilrokx, Jacques, TESA – Vakgroep voor social orderzoek Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Worthington, Steve, Monash University, Australia
- Wu, Dexter Dexiang, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Yamamoto, Kiyoshi, Center for National University Finance and Management, Japan
- Zhu, Faye X., Rowan University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Stock in the time of Covid
14 October, 2020
Researchers in India have analysed financial data from the quarter immediately before the first public reports of the emergence of a new potentially lethal coronavirus, now identified as SARS-CoV-2, the cause of Covid-19. They have compared this final quarter of the year 2019 with the first quarter of 2020 as the virus spread around the world and was declared an international pandemic. They used various statistical tools, descriptive statistics, the GARCH model, the EGARCH model, and the TGARCH model to examine financial volatility immediately before and immediately after the recognition of the virus as a major threat to human health. The team provides details of their study in the International Journal of Financial Services Management [...]