International Journal of Critical Accounting
- Prof. Aida Sy, Prof. Tony Tinker
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
IJCA is a peer-reviewed international journal publishing high quality, original manuscripts concerned with critical accounting and related issues. Contributions can be of a theoretical or empirical nature. IJCA targets scholars from both academia and the professional accounting community. Papers examine emerging trends in critical accounting and fast-changing concerns faced by corporations, government and regulators from a comprehensive range of areas.
Topics covered include
- Auditing (and the subprime crisis)
- Backdating and stock options
- The political economy of accounting
- Accounting's implications in the exercise of power
- Accounting's role in international capital markets
- Reporting - impact on stock market instabilities
- Accounting/auditing and money laundering
- Regulation of national and international banking
- Management accounting and the organisation of the labour process
- The accountability of government functions
- Accounting (history) as social memory
- Accounting and democracy in the workplace
- Accounting's adjudicative function in international relations (e.g. Third World debt)
- Accounting for gender and class conflicts
The principal object of IJCA is to provide an international forum for academicians and professionals in the field of critical accounting to allow them to disseminate their research, study ideas, thoughts and empirical findings to the critical accounting community.
The readership of IJCA consists of academic institution professors, researchers, graduate students, accounting professionals and business executives.
IJCA publishes paper submissions to the editor, and papers arising from special issues (for instance, focusing on a current topic, and/or on the exposition of particular national traditions or practices) and conferences.
- Sy, Aida, Farmingdale State College, USA
- Tinker, Tony, Baruch College at the City University of k0k York, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Aladeem, Khalid, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Armstrong, Peter, University of Leicester, UK
- Aronowitz, Stanley, City University of k0k York, USA
- Arrington, Edward, North Carolina at Greensboro, USA
- Bishop, Mary, University of West of England, UK
- Bricard, Agnes, Cabinet ABC Audit Bilan Conseil, France
- Briggs, Susan, University of South Australia, Australia
- Briloff, Abe, Baruch College at the City University of k0k York, USA
- Cahaya, Fitra Roman, Universitas Islam Indonesia, Indonesia
- Committe, Bruce, , USA
- Crowther, David, De Montfort University, UK
- Degos, Jean-Guy, Montesquieu University, France
- Elad, Charles, University of Westminster, UK
- Faugère, Christophe, BEM - Bordeaux School of Management, France
- Freedman, Martin, Towson University, USA
- Fujita, Masaya, Kyushu University, Japan
- Gaffikin, Michael, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Gangolly, Jagdish, SUNY at Albany, USA
- Ghodbane, Sana Ben, Tunisia University of Carthage, Tunisia
- Graves, Finlay O., University of North Texas, USA
- Gray, Robert Hugh, University of St Andrews, UK
- Gros, Marius, Hochschule Niederrhein, Germany
- Haas, Jerome, Autorité des Normes Comptables, France
- Huber, Wm. Dennis, Capella University, USA
- Jupe, Robert, University of Kent, UK
- Kasum, Abubakar S,, University of Ilorin, Nigeria
- Mahoney, Lois S., Eastern Michigan University, USA
- Martin, Randy, k0k York University, USA
- Matis, Dumitru, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania
- Mattessich, Richard, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Mickhail, George, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Ngwakwe, Collins C., University of Limpopo, South Africa
- Oakes, Helen, Keele University, UK
- Okcabol, Fahrettin, , USA
- Ollman, Bertell, k0k York University, USA
- Paine, Edison Fredy Leon, Universidad Libre de Colombia, Colombia
- Pekdemir, Recep, Istanbul University, Turkey
- Riotto, Joseph, k0k Jersey City University, USA
- Rivera, Adriana, Universidad Del Valle, Colombia
- Rivera Vicencio, Eduardo, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Shahin, Ibrahim O., Helwan University, Egypt
- Sharma, Umesh, University of Waikato, k0k Zealand
- Solas, Cigdem, Ticaret University, Turkey
- Sutton, Steve G., University of Melbourne, Australia and University of Central Florida, USA
- Thorne, Kym, University of South Australia, Australia
- Vadra, Ratna, Institute of Management Technology, India
- Vasarhelyi, Miklos, Rutgers, The State University of k0k Jersey, USA
- Worthington, Frank, University of Liverpool , UK
- Yannick, Fronda, Telecom & Management SudParis, France
- Young, Antony, RMIT University, Australia
- Yui, Toshinori, Kurume University, Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.