International Journal of Biotechnology
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJBT provides an international forum and refereed authoritative source of information in the field of Biotechnology and Biotechnics, with emphasis on management and economics, as well as the political and social issues. It aims to disseminate knowledge, provide a learned reference in the field, and establish channels of communication between academic and research experts, policy makers and executives in industry, commerce and investment institutions.
Topics covered include
- Biotechnology in food
- Biotechnology in healthcare
- Biotechnology in environment
- Biotechnology in agriculture
- Biotechnology in diagnostics
- Biotechnology in therapeutics
- Biotechnology in cosmetics
- Innovation in biotechnology and bio-ethics
- Partnerships, networks and joint ventures
- Biotechnology in the developed and developing world
- Management and economics of biotechnology
- Political and social issues
The main objective of IJBT is to promote policy-oriented research in the field of biotechnology (covering medicine, agriculture, industry and allied fields). It also seeks to advance the field of biotechnology policy through information dissemination and research networking. IJBT emphasises international dimensions of biotechnology policy. It helps to identify ways by which biotechnology can be harnessed to contribute to economic development, global competitiveness and environmental management. IJBT publishes policy-oriented research papers as well as state-of-the-art reviews
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers
IJBT publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Niosi, Jorge, Université du Québec à Montréal, Canada
- Gaisser, Sibylle, Hochschule Ansbach, Germany
Editorial Board Members
- Adeoti, John O., Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER), Nigeria
- Aerni, Philipp, World Trade Institute and ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Audretsch, David B., Indiana University, USA
- Bisang, Roberto, Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento, Argentina
- Cantley, Mark, , UK
- Chalmers, Donald, University of Tasmania, Australia
- Chataway, Joanna, RAND Europe, UK
- Correa, Carlos M., University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Enzing, Christien, Technopolis Group, Netherlands
- Huang, Jikun, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Hutchison, William, University of Minnesota, USA
- Joly, Pierre-Benoit, INRA/SERD, France
- Kinderlerer, Julian, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands and University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Krattiger, Anatole F., Cornell University, USA
- Logar, Nathaniel, Arizona State University, USA
- Lynskey, Michael J., Komazawa University, Japan
- McKelvey, Maureen, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Mytelka, Lynn K., , France
- Pelaez, Victor, Federal University of Parana, Brazil
- Persidis, Aris, Argonex, Inc, USA
- Pinstrup-Andersen, Per, Cornell University, USA
- Pyka, Andreas, University of Hohenheim, Germany
- Ramani, Shyama V., UNU-MERIT, Netherlands
- Reiss, Thomas, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research, Germany
- Saviotti, Pier-Paolo, Université Pierre Mendès-France, France
- Sriwatanapongse, Sutat, National Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC), Thailand
- Yang, Han-Sung, BioIndustry Association of Korea, South Korea
- Zilberman, David, University of California, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.