International Journal of Blockchains and Cryptocurrencies
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Sam Goundar
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Blockchain and cryptocurrencies are now topics of substantial impact that academia and industry need to contemplate, exploit and adopt. The mission of IJBC is to be the premier resource for the most innovative scholarly and professional research information pertaining to the management and use of blockchains and cryptocurrencies. Its articles will be essential for anyone interested in this area. IJBC is the first journal dedicated to the topic.
Topics covered include
- Blockchain applications
- Blockchain technologies
- Blockchain security
- Bitcoin security
- Digital currencies
- Distributed ledger technologies
- Smart contracts
- Permissioned ledgers
The main objective of IJBC is to be a primary forum for scholars, researchers and practitioners for the dissemination of knowledge, methodologies, theoretical analyses and modelling, simulation and empirical studies on blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies. Articles on the evolving theory and practice related to distributed ledger technologies and peer-to-peer digital currencies are intended to provide comprehensive coverage and understanding of their use within technological, business and organisational dimensions. The secondary objective of IJBC is a thorough examination of blockchains and cryptocurrencies with respect to issues of management, governance, trust and privacy, and interoperability.
The target audience for this journal is academics, IT professionals, researchers, industry professionals, postgraduate-level students, government officials and other practitioners working in this field.
IJBC publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in financial technology will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Goundar, Sam, The University of the South Pacific, Fiji
- Ahuja, Sanjay, University of North Florida, USA
- Al-Saqaf, Walid, Södertörn University, Sweden
- Bhardwaj, Akashdeep, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India
- Garcia, Andréa Romaoli, Instituto Brasileiro de Estudos Tributários, Brazil
- Quist-Aphetsi, Kester, Ghana University Technology College, Ghana
Editorial Board Members
- Aliu, Florin, University for Business and Technology, Republic of Kosovo
- Babu, Satish, APRALO, ICANN, India
- Benarous, Leila, University of Abou Bekr Belkaid-Tlemcen, Algeria
- Bouhassoune, Kamal, Hassan First University of Settat, Morocco
- Da Rosa Righi, Rodrigo, Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Brazil
- Das, Arup, JPMorgan Chase & Co., India
- Dubey, Ashutosh Kumar, Chitkara University, India
- Furtado, Fabricio Reis, Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Brazil
- Gebremeskel, Gebeyehu, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia
- Ghobaei-Arani, Mostafa, Islamic Azad University, Iran
- Grudzień, Piotr, Incentivai Inc., Poland
- Gururaj, H.L., Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, India
- Haqiq, Abdelkrim, Hassan 1st University, Morocco
- Jaganathan, Suresh, SSN College of Engineering, India
- Kadri, Benamar, University of Tlemcen, Algeria
- Kafhali, Said, Hassan 1st University, Morocco
- Kanagarajoo, Muralitheran V., Central Queensland University, Australia
- Karuppiah, Marimuthu, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore, India
- Kathiresan, Shankar, Alagappa University, India
- Khan, Mohammad Zainullah, , Pakistan
- Kumar V, Ravi, Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, India
- Lai, P.C., University Malaya, Malaysia
- McKnight, Glenn, Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities, Canada
- Moore, Philip, Lanzhou University, China
- Nayyar, Anand, Duy Tan University, Vietnam
- Nuhiu, Artor, University of Prishtina, Republic of Kosovo
- Pandey, Rajiv, Amity University, India
- Prabhu, Aniruddha B.P., Cambridge Institute of Technology, India
- Raja, S.P., Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology, India
- Ramljak, Dusan, West Texas A&M University, USA
- Sathye, Milind, University of Canberra, Australia
- Seebaruth, Jason, , UK
- Singh, Nikita, National Institute of Technology Raipur, India
- Sorensen, Derek, University of Cambridge, UK
- Srivastava, Riktesh, Skyline University College, United Arab Emirates
- Suseendran, G., Vels Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies, India
- Upadhyay, Chandra, Indian Institute of Information Technology, India
- Velotto, Giovanni, ABB Corporate Research, Sweden
- Vyas, Pranav, Charotar University of Science and Technology, India
- Wan, Hong, Purdue University, USA
- Yadav, Jitendra, Indian Institute Of Information Technology, India
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Blockchain Pet Adoptions
20 August, 2020
The blockchain concept underpins digital currencies, such as BitCoin. It acts as a distributed register that holds all transactions of the currency in an encrypted and immutable table. The technology is not limited to cryptocurrencies though, there are many other applications that might benefit from such as secure information system. Writing in the International Journal of Blockchains and Cryptocurrencies, a team from India explain how a blockchain might be used in pet adoption [...]