International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Giuseppe Giulio Calabrese
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.3 (2019)
The mission of IJATM is to publish original, high-quality research within the field of the automotive industry. Articles should have a significant impact on theory and practice. The journal is effectively positioned as a multi-disciplinary journal, focusing on the context of industrial organisation and business management rather than pure engineering topics. IJATM aims to establish channels of communication between policy makers, executives in the automotive industry, both OEM and suppliers, and related business and academic experts in the field.
Topics covered include
- Innovation management (technological and organisational innovation)
- Industrial economics and organisation of automotive sector
- Strategic planning, sourcing and globalisation
- Business process reengineering
- Productivity, efficiency and quality investment, patterns and opportunities
- Interface of R&D and manufacturing, marketing and aftermarket
- Product development from concept to market
- Role of information and communications technologies
- Ecologically-driven product development and manufacturing
- Human resources and innovation technology
- Industrial policies for the automotive sector
- Competitiveness, co-operation and business relations
- Supply chain management
IJATM aims to establish channels of communication between policy makers, executives in the automotive industry, both OEM and suppliers, and related business and academic experts in the field.
IJATM is intended to be a resource for those interested in the growth of automotive technology management. This includes, but is not limited to, academic researchers and industry practitioners in all functions - management, strategic planning, purchasing, R&D, design & styling, marketing, human resources, etc.- dealing with the aims of the review.
IJATM will publish any types of original contribution concerning the automotive industrial system in the field of managing with technology. Contributions may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for Special Issues are welcome.
Editor in Chief
- Calabrese, Giuseppe Giulio, CNR-Ircres, Italy
Regional Editor Asia
- Heim, Stéphane, Kyoto University, Japan
Regional Editor Eastern Europe
- Domański, Boleslaw, Jagiellonian University, Poland
Regional Editor North America
- Smitka, Michael, Washington and Lee University, USA
Regional Editor South America
- Marotti de Mello, Adriana, University of São Paulo, Brazil
Regional Editor Western Europe
- Frigant, Vincent, University of Bordeaux, France
- Bräunlein, Gregor, Volkswagen AG, AutoUni, Germany
- Di Giusto, Nevio, Centro Ricerche Fiat, Italy
- Maïsseu, Benoît, Renault Technocentre, France
Editorial Board Members
- Amatucci, Marcos, ESPM – São Paulo, Brazil
- Belzowski, Bruce M., University of Michigan, USA
- Berggren, Christian, Linköping University, Sweden
- Cantamessa, Marco, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Carrillo, Jorge, El Colegio de la Frontera Norte, Mexico
- Chanaron, Jean-Jacques, Groupe ESC Grenoble, France
- Coffey, Dan, Leeds University Business School, UK
- D'Costa, Anthony P., University of Melbourne, Australia
- Daim, Tugrul U., Portland State University, USA
- Dankbaar, Ben, Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Dijk, Mark, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Donada, Carole, Essec Business School, France
- Fujimoto, Takahiro, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Giunta, Anna, Università degli Studi Roma 3, Italy
- Graves, Andrew Peter, University of Bath, UK
- Helper, Susan, Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Jürgens, Ulrich, IGZA (Institut für die Geschichte und Zukunft der Arbeit), Germany
- Kamp, Bart, Orkestra-Basque Institute of Competitiveness, Spain
- Karlsson, Christer, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Kim, Ki-Chan, The Catholic University of Korea, South Korea
- Klier, Thomas H., Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, USA
- Krzywdzinski, Martin, WZB Berlin Social Science Center, Germany
- Luethge, Denise J., Northern Kentucky University, USA
- MacDuffie, John Paul, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- MacNeill, Stewart, Coventry University, UK
- Marx, Roberto, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Midler, Christophe, Ecole Polytechnique, France
- Morris, David, Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada
- Nishimura, Kiyohiko, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Oliver, Nick, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Pardi, Tommaso, IDHE Cachan - Ecole Normale Supérieure, France
- Pérez, Yannick, CentraleSupélec, France
- Pries, Ludger, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
- Proff, Heike, Universität Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Rolfo, Secondo, CNR-Ircres, Italy
- Salerno, Mario, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Takeishi, Akira, Kyoto University, Japan
- Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Wang, William Hua, emlyon business school, China
- Wells, Peter, Cardiff University, UK
- Zirpoli, Francesco, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia, Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.