International Journal of Aviation Management
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJAM addresses major management issues facing the air transport industry today. The journal offers practitioners and academics a forum for analysis and discussion in the field of aviation management. Papers cover all the major sectors of the industry: airlines, airports, air traffic control and related organisations.
Topics covered include
- Strategic issues
- Logistics and air cargo
- Forecasting methods and revenue management
- Finance and economics
- Intermodal transport topics
- Environmental issues
- Air transport policy and regulation
- Aviation law
- Macroeconomic issues
- Network planning, slot allocation, scheduling
- Air traffic control
- Airport planning and management
The airline industry is one of the most competitive industries worldwide. Globalisation leads to further dynamic growth in the industry; at the same time, the growing trend towards deregulation forces managers to question traditional practices and to search for new responses and new management tools.
It is important to offer executives and academics an international forum to analyse and discuss current developments in air transportation. The objective of IJAM is to address current issues in the field of aviation management, linking research and practice and stimulating interaction between the two.
- Researchers and academics in the field of aviation management and related fields
- Managers and policymakers in the aviation industry including airlines, airports and air traffic control
- Executives in government regulatory and other bodies
Articles report on current findings of research in the field of aviation management. Findings may result from empirical observation. IJAM includes research papers, book reviews, commentary and shorter viewpoint pieces. Special issues devoted to important topics in aviation management will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Lee, Yeong Heok, Korea Aerospace University, South Korea
Regional Editor North America
- Tomlinson, Jon, University of Northwestern Ohio, USA
- Bieger, Thomas, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
North American Editor
- Charles, Richard A., Arizona State University, USA
South American Editor
- Gayer, Carlos Federico, Universidad del Salvador, Argentina
Editorial Board Members
- Bates, Paul R., Griffith University , Australia
- Becker, Björn, Lufthansa Cargo AG, Germany
- Fay, Christoph, Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Germany
- Gleich, Ronald, EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht i. Gr., Germany
- Knorr, Andreas, German University of Administrative Sciences Speyer, Germany
- Linz, Marco, EBS University, Germany
- Nettey, Isaac Richmond, Kent State University, USA
- Niemeier, Hans-Martin, University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Petrin, Donald A., Purdue University, USA
- Singh, Satyendra, Academy of Business and Emerging Markets and University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Vasigh, Bijan, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- Wittmer, Andreas, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Yip, Tsz Leung, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.