Interdisciplinary Environmental Review
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Demetri Kantarelis
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IER is an international journal that presents relevant and up-to-date information on environmental issues approached from an interdisciplinary perspective. Manuscripts in IER span the range of traditional disciplines to present a broader, more integrated view of environmental topics without regard to the category restrictions common in traditional academic journals.
Topics covered include
- Research of any spatial or temporal scale in interdisciplinary environmental science or study
- Case studies related to interdisciplinary environmental management, ethics, economics, or similar, both local and international
- Comparative studies on environmental topics, including analyses of historic or contemporary environmental issues
- Advances, applications, and consequences of environmental technology, policy, management, or choices approached from an interdisciplinary perspective
- Intersection of socio-political, economic, and scientific forces regarding any environmental topic
- Significance of literature, journalism, and public opinion as pertaining to an environmental issue
- Developments, options, analyses, and issues regarding sustainability and green technology
The objectives of IER are to enhance communication on environmental issues across traditional disciplinary, philosophical, and political boundaries such that, at a minimum, the main points, arguments, and “take-home” message of any paper are accessible to readers from any discipline. The journal also seeks to provide a publication outlet for integrated environmental research that does not fit comfortably into existing individual academic disciplines, and to establish and strengthen a dialogue on environmental issues between individuals or groups that do not normally communicate in order to foster the exchange of information across the range of environmental academics and practitioners.
IER provides an outlet for academics, professionals, policy makers, political leaders, and practitioners working in environmental fields to disseminate information to a broad geographic and interdisciplinary audience, while at the same time providing a resource for information that might not normally be obtained from one's typical sources or perspectives.
IER publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports, management reports, original creative works, and commentaries that foster an interdisciplinary approach to an environmental issue or topic. Special issues devoted to important environmental topics are occasionally published. All papers published in IER have passed a blind review process from both within and outside the principal discipline of the author(s), and are written using a minimum of specialised or technical tables, unexplained formulae, or undefined jargon so as to be understandable and usable by as wide an audience as practicable.
- Hickey, Kevin L., Assumption College, USA
Editor in Chief
- Kantarelis, Demetri, Assumption College, USA
- Reiter, Kimberly, Stetson University, USA
- Reiter, Michael A., Bethune-Cookman University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Augustine, Manu, Swami Keshvanad Institute of Technology, Management and Gramothan, India
- Baker, Susan, NOAA Office of Civil Rights, USA
- Barresi, Paul A., Southern k0k Hampshire University, USA
- Belarbi, Abdelhafid, Al Falah University, United Arab Emirates
- Bushell, Brenda, Musashi Institute of Technology, Japan
- Coetzee, Johan, University of the Free State, South Africa
- Efstathiades, Andreas, European University Cyprus, Cyprus
- Focht, Will, Oklahoma State University, USA
- Hattori, Takashi, Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry, Japan
- Hu, Shih Cheng, National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan
- Jooste, Leonie, University of Wollongong in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Kontakos, Panayiotis, UCLan Cyprus, Cyprus
- Lee, Jim Yang, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Maliki, Samir Baha-Eddine, University of Tlemcen, Algeria
- Nasr, Mamdouh, Ain Shams University, Egypt
- O'Donovan, Gary, University of Tasmania, Australia
- Piórkowska, Katarzyna, Wrocław University of Economics, Poland
- Rogers, John G., University of Bath, UK
- Sanyal, Rajib, Adelphi University, USA
- Schiller, Maria Cristina Ortigão Sampaio, State University of Rio de Janeiro and Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics, Brazil
- Scott, Geoff, NCCOS Center for Coastal Environmental Health and Biomolecular Research at Charleston, USA
- Shah, Kalim U., Indiana University Northwest, USA
- Shrivastava, Meenal, Athabsaca University, Canada
- Sibilio, Sergio, Seconda Universita Degli Studi De Napoli, Italy
- Sierens, Roger, Ghent University, Belgium
- Simpson, Charles, SUNY Plattsburgh, USA
- Simurina, Nika, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Singare, Pravin U., Bhavan’s College, India
- Stanton, Patricia, University of k0kcastle, Australia
- Steiner, William, University of Hawaii at Hilo, USA
- Thomas, Ward F., California State University, Northridge, USA
- Vemuri, Sivaram, Charles Darwin University, Australia
- Villanueva, Emiliano C., Eastern Connecticut State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.